Not to brag or anything but while youre sitting here reading this tasty post, Im most likely sitting on the beach in Miami. But dont be too jealous because Ive got something special for you too!
Im actually at a conference (and a little vacation) in Miami right now for BlogHer Food. Aside from the learning Ive been attending a lot of fun sponsor parties and meeting a lot of wonderful ladies! Ill have a full recap and photos for you upon my return. Miami was also a little pre-celebration for my upcoming birthday….Ive only got a few days left in my 20s and its seriously making me a little sad.
So back to todays post… Today I have teamed up with OXO and Driscolls for a fun little strawberry party. Not only do I love OXO products, but Im also a huge fan of strawberries. A couple of weeks back Driscolls sent me 12 pounds of strawberries in the mail. TWELVE POUNDS! I was in absolute strawberry heaven. They were amazingly fresh and filled my refrigerator with an amazing scent. I spent a lot of time coming up with a way to use these delicious strawberries and some new tools that OXO had sent over. And 12 pounds of strawberries definitely required a strawberry huller. If you dont have one of these tools you absolutely need one because they are amazing.
So I made some jam, I made Limoncello Pound Cake with berries and then I made these scones. I also opted for adding in a bit of lemon to bring a tasty summer flavor to my breakfast. Im a sucker for scones. Seriously. I like that these are not overly sweet and they are they make the perfect bite sized breakfast pastry to enjoy with your coffee in the morning.
So while youre thinking about me enjoying the Miami sunshine today, you can enjoy these tasty scones and an excellent giveaway!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 13 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 113 to 112 cups heavy cream
- 34 cup coarsely chopped fresh Driscolls strawberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, backing powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a liquid measuring cup mix together vanilla extract and 113 cups cream. Drizzle the cream mixture into the dry ingredients tossing and stirring as you pour in the cream. Add the strawberry chunks and lemon zest and toss together. Add 2 more tablespoons of cream if necessary to create a moist, cohesive, but not sticky dough.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop balls of dough and place them onto the lined baking sheet. Place 1-inch apart on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven. Mix together the lemon juice and powdered sugar and drizzle over the tops of the warm scones.
To see more Driscolls Strawberry and OXO recipes, visit these other great blogs!
a farmgirls dabbles
Confessions of a Bright-Eyed Baker
Crepes of Wrath
Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Eat Your Heart Out
Eats Well With Others
Food in Jars
Food n Focus
Never Enough Thyme