I’m also in disbelief that in a little over one week we will be turning from pumpkin month to the holiday season. I’ve been really trying to soak up all of the beautiful fall weather, mostly by spending time outside raking my yard. I don’t really mind because I feel like it’s refreshing and nice exercise. The frustrating part is that 10 minutes after I rake it looks like I didn’t do anything! But again, I’m not complaining and I like to reward myself with a delicious pumpkin treat like these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins!
I first fell in love with pumpkin and cream cheese back in my college days when I would spend endless hours at the local coffee shop studying. The shop that I went to baked fresh pumpkin cream cheese bread that was irresistible! This may also be the culprit for the weight I gained my freshmen year. Whoops!
I’m super excited today to bring you these delicious muffins in partnership with Krusteaz! You may be familiar with their line of pancake and waffle mixes but they also offer mixes for breads, bars and muffins too! By starting with their Pumpkin Spice mix, I was able to create these muffins in under 20 minutes. I decided to bring my batch of tasty muffins to my office to share with my coworkers and share some of my baking love!
My friends over at Krusteaz are offering up one of my lucky readers the chance to win a fun prize package so you too can Share the Love! All of the details are listed below of what you will win but my favorite item in the prize is a SELFIE STICK! I have secretly wanted one for a long time and am so excited to have my own!
Get your share of pumpkin before the month is over AND make sure to enter for your chance to win a Krusteaz prize package!
- 1 package Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Muffin Mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Â¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Prepare the muffin mix according to the Krusteaz package instructions.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter. This will not look smooth but will bake up much nicer than you expect.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.