Two weeks is a long time to be away from my kitchen! It’s been busy, as usual, around here. I’ve been caught up in a couple of photo projects, family events and travel. Luckily things will begin to wind down a bit in the next couple of weeks and I am able to get back to cooking as usual.
Today I thought I would ease into the blogging routine with a quick and easy, and portable, snack. I’ve been on a program that limits my carbohydrate intake and includes a lot of meals packed with protein. Everyone knows about my obsession with Greek yogurt so I’ve been using this as a breakfast staple. I try to avoid the yogurt cups with fruit already added because they tend to include a lot of sugar. I prefer to buy the plain Greek yogurt and add my own fruit and honey.
I’ve been preparing my food at the start of each week and found these cute little mason jars laying around my house. Finally I had a use for them! I whipped up these yogurt parfaits so that I can easily grab them in the morning before work. They work perfect for breakfast, lunch or a snack. Enjoy!
- 4 – 1 pint mason jars
- 3 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries, thawed
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Start with clean, dry mason jars. Layer Â¼ cup of yogurt in the bottom of each.
- Top the yogurt with Â¼ cup of blueberries in each jar. Top with an additional Â¼ cup of yogurt.
- Top the yogurt with Â¼ cup of raspberries and then top with an additional Â¼ cup of yogurt.
- Divide the honey evenly among the tops of the yogurt cups and screw on the mason jar lids. Refrigerate or each immediately.