Despite the rain in my area the past couple of days, I’m definitely feeling like I’m in the mood for summer. It’s time to pull out the shorts and flip flops, time to enjoy the outdoors, and time for fresh summer flavors.
Today I’m teaming up with Bumble BeeÂ® tuna to bring a fresh new lunch idea featuring their Bumble BeeÂ® Prime FilletÂ® Albacore Tuna with Sundried Tomatoes & Olive Oil. Did you know that their Albacore tuna is quite possibly one of the healthiest things out there? It has 13 grams of protein per serving, 0 grams of fat and essential omega-3 fatty acids. Simply put (in their words): Tuna Strong.
While I’m not typically a seafood fan I have gravitated towards their Prime Fillet pouches which come in 3 flavors! I decided to use the Sundried Tomatoes & Olive Oil flavor for this healthy lunch option. Bumble BeeÂ® Prime FilletÂ® Gourmet Flavors Albacore Tuna combines the highest quality albacore tuna with the finest, restaurant-inspired ingredients. Convenient and nutritious. Available in 2.5oz pouches or 5oz cans. While you can easily crack open a pouch of this tuna and eat it all on its own, I decided to take it a step further with a healthy tuna salad. Think of this as less of a mayo-filled tuna salad and more of a fresh salad packed with healthy tuna. I’m absolutely in love with this flavor combination!
This salad is perfect to serve with a simple fork or you can dress it up a little bit more with pita wedges, celery sticks or slices of fresh heirloom tomatoes. Since the tuna is already packed in olive oil you don’t need much more than that for dressing.
What are some of your favorite Bumble BeeÂ® recipes?
- 2 – 2.5 ounch pouches Bumble BeeÂ® Prime FilletÂ® Albacore Tuna with Sundried Tomatoes & Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 celery stalks, chopped
- Â¼ cup chopped English cucumber
- 2-3 whole small radishes, stems removed, chopped
- 1 green onion, both white and green parts, chopped
- Â¼ cup cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped mint leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pita chips, pita pockets, celery sticks or heirloom tomatoes for serving
- To make the tuna salad, in a large salad bowl, combine the tuna with the chopped vegetables, Kalamata olives, chopped fresh parsley and mint leaves. Mix gently with a wooden spoon.
- Dress the tuna salad with the dijon mustard. Mix again to make sure the tuna salad is evenly coated with the mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for half an hour before serving.
- When ready to serve, toss the salad gently to refresh. Serve the tuna salad with the pita wedges, pita chips, celery or over sliced heirloom tomatoes.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.