Back in 1831 Professor Touery consumed a lethal dose of strychnine while his colleagues were present and managed to survive. He combined this poison with activated charcoal. Activated charcoal is very strong ingredient when it comes to emergency cleansing of the gastrointestinal tract. It is considered as one of the most efficient remedy for this purpose today. It is useful in cases of poisoning from almost every poisonous substance.
This substance decreases the absorption of toxic substances up to an incredible 60%. Activated charcoal is a sponge-like substance that is consisted from various carbon-containing substances which are completely natural. Activated charcoal is made when charcoal is treated with oxygen. The result of this treatment is highly porous charcoal. It is produced in very high temperatures which is the reason why activated charcoal is a substance that is completely consisted of carbon. Its chemical structure is similar like the one in graphite. The beneficial characteristics of charcoal are thanks to the large number of pores and hence activated charcoal manifests significantly increased absorbent and catalytic characteristics.
One teaspoon of activated charcoal has a surface area of nearly 10.000 square feet. It absorbs and assists in removal of toxins, chemicals, heavy metals, morphine, pharmaceutical drugs and pesticides from the organism.
Benefits of Activated Charcoal and Its Uses:
- Poisoning by many different chemical ingredients, heavy metals, alkaloids, drugs
- Complete body detoxification
- Food poisoning
- Remedy for stomach pain which is result from diarrhea, indigestion or excess gases
- Removes bad body smell or bad breath
- Treats hepatitis: both, chronic and acute viral
- Withdrawal syndrome (it is used for drinking, instead for drug addiction)
- Intoxication from chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- Different skin diseases
- Diminishes inflammation
- Reduces cholesterol, triglycerides and lipid levels in the blood
Activated charcoal doesnt empty the nutrients from your body. David O., the author of the book Activated Charcoal said: Charcoal has been added in the diet of a sheep for half a year and did not depleted the nutrients in comparison with a sheep that hasnt been consuming charcoal.