Well it’s Wednesday, which means that I only have 2 days left in my little apartment. Boxes continue to be packed as I feel things continue to multiply as I pulled them out of the cabinets and closets. Moving is the worst. I’m not even trying to think about unpacking yet. I do have a general idea in my head of how everything in my new home is going to look. It’s just a matter of finding the time to get it that way. In the mean time, I continue to sort, organize and throw away things in my tiny apartment to avoid bringing useless junk to my new home. It’s going to be lovely when it’s all finished.
So today I’m sharing this tasty little party bread that I made a couple of weeks ago. After all, all of my cooking gear is packed away with my camera for the move so nothing is really being done in my kitchen right now. This bread is great to serve with a dinner or as a party snack. My grocery store sells a roasted garlic sourdough loaf that works perfectly for this! I suggest serving the bread right out of the oven and feel free to play around the ingredients a bit to form it to your liking.
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- Â½ cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Â½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Flaked sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a bread knife, cut into the bread at 1 inch intervals, making sure not to cut all the way through the bread. Turn the bread the other direction and cut at 1 inch intervals again.
- Melt the butter over medium heat, adding in the garlic, red pepper and parsley.
- Use a fork or butter knife to hold open the bread and drizzle the butter mixture into the crevices. Sprinkle the Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses over the top of the bread.
- Sprinkle the top of the bread with flaked sea salt and bake covered for 10 minutes. Uncover the bread and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve warn.