Its the Monday after Thanksgiving and it can only mean one thing… 12 Days of Christmas has now launched on Food n Focus! Im very excited to bring you another year of exciting holiday recipes and giveaways from some of my favorite sponsors that I have worked with throughout the year. Theres a little twist this year! Im giving you 11 days of giveaways and on the 12th day, there will be a giveaway featuring all 11 sponsors! Its going to be big.
So lets get to the first recipe and giveaway. I am pretty much obsessed with Asian noodle dishes. I love the flavors of soy, ginger and sesame. Especially things cooked with sesame oil. Todays sponsor is International Collection Oils and I used their Toasted Sesame Oil to craft these ramen noodles. This oil delivers a strong scent and flavor and is the perfect compliment to these noodles.
If youre really interested in spicy dishes I would suggest adding in either red pepper flakes or Sriracha to your liking. Now that I think of it, I should have done that! You can also take these noodles a step further and create a meal with them by adding vegetables and a protein. Thats one thing that I like about Asian cuisine. The sky is the limit! So before we get to the recipe, how about that giveaway.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 8 oz ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons lightly toasted sesame seeds
- 12 cup finely chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 14 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- While the noodles cook, mix together the scallions, ginger, cilantro, sesame oil, chili oil, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and honey. Allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes for the flavors to infuse.
- While the sauce infuses, prepare the noodles according to the package instructions.
- Combine the noodles, sauce and sesame seeds in a medium bowl and toss to coat. Divide the noodles into two equal portions and serve.