There are days that I wished I lived in California so that avocados were always in season. Im sure thats not totally the case, but my point is that Im pretty much obsessed. This wasnt always the case. At first the only thing that I would eat was guacamole and it was only recently where I would eat diced avocados on salads and such. Either way, its pretty much one of my favorite foods now.
Winter makes it very difficult to find good avocados around Wisconsin which is why I am delighted that Wholly Guacamole exists. And while I love their guacamole and salsas, one of my favorite products as of late is their 100% chunky avocado dip/spread which makes it easy to have avocado any time of the year.
I used the 100% avocado on this beautifully delicious appetizer recipe that is perfect for any holiday party. Im sure most of you are thinking this is a strange combination but I love how the creamy avocado pairs with the feta and a burst of fruit with pomegranate seeds. Top off these toasts with some salt and fresh cracked pepper and youve got yourself an appetizer!
What are some of your favorite uses for avocado?
- 1 medium baguette, thinly sliced
- 1 8oz package Wholly Avocado
- 12 cup pomegranate seeds
- 12 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Lay the sliced baguette pieces onto a baking sheet. Brush the top of each slice with olive oil and bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and spread evenly with the avocado. Sprinkle on the feta cheese and pomegranate seeds evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.