Is there anything better than turning a candy bar into the ultimate healthy breakfast? Probably not. I’m still working on a way to incorporate Kit Kat, Oreo and M&Ms into my breakfast routine, but I’m still trying to perfect those recipes. In the mean time I want to share with you a deliciously healthy and protein-packed breakfast option: Almond Joy Smoothie Bowls.
Today I’m teaming up with my besties over at Stonyfield to bring you this delicious breakfast idea. To add to that, Stonyfield paired me up with Healthy Skoop this month to make my candy bar inspired breakfast possible. I mixed the Chocolate All-In-One Nutritional Shake in with a helping of tasty Vanilla Greek to create the base for my smoothie bowl. As if there wasn’t already enough protein in the yogurt, each bowl of this smoothie adds another 10 grams to fuel your morning! This is also really great for post-workout fueling.
Before we get to the recipe, I wanted to mention that Healthy Skoop has a really awesome initiative…;with ever purchase of Healthy Skoop, they donate 3% to Project Produce. Project Produce helps to get more produce and healthy lunches in schools across America. I think that this is a pretty awesome initiative to get kids eating better food!
So let’s get to the super healthy and indulgent recipe! And let me just say, if you refrigerate this overnight it turns into a super thick chocolate mousse. It’s like dessert, only better for you.
- 2 cups Vanilla or Plain Stonyfield Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop Super Skoop All-In-One Nutritional Shake (Chocolate)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa nibs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut, toasted
- Whisk together the yogurt and nutritional shake mix in a medium bowl. Divide between two containers or bowls (if serving immediately).
- Top each bowl with 1 tablespoon almonds, 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs and 1 tablespoon coconut.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
This post is sponsored by Stonyfield and Healthy Skoop. All opinions expressed are my own.